Posts Tagged ‘Emmaus’
written 10 ! 23 ! 13 – I’m sorry that I haven’t posted in a while. I was on an Emmaus Walk last weekend. The week before it had been planned out very well so that all of the packing for all of us could be done, we would have time to eat dinner together and do all of our family activities. It didn’t work out. Everything went wrong. And the car broke down. Car engines really do smoke. Not to worry…the car got fixed and we all got packed. The kids went to grandmas for the weekend. The Emmaus Walk went well. I saw a lot of old friends and made a lot of new ones.
We are now settling back into our daily lives. One of our cats got out this morning. We have inside cats, but they do have claws. She was out all day. We found her outside under the deck when we got home. When we were getting her the second cat got out. This is the first time that these cats have been outside. Our last cat hated being outside, when the door opened he ran to the middle of the room. It was nice to know that he was always safe. These two cats are curious and is is difficult in the morning when we turn off the lights to leave so the house is dark and it is dark outside, we can’t tell if a cat has gone outside. Both of the cats are back in the house. It was a chilly day for the cat to be outside.
Beth has decided to be candy corn for Halloween. We found the white and orange duct tape at the first store, but it took about three more stops to find the yellow duct tape. It will be interesting to see how this costume turns out. She would have been warmer if she had chosen to go as Captain Fluffy, but it is her choice.
Here is some Emmaus agape that we have on our walks. I will keep adding to this list on this page as I see more.
22. sparkly sticker with a tag “you glow girl with the Spirit”
21. a picture of a key with a tag ” Jesus is the “Key” to Happiness! Put Him in the “Drivers Seat” and He will never “Steer” you wrong!!!
20. a tag that says ” Blessings to you! This is God. I will be handling all of your problems today. All you need to do is pray. So, relax and have a great day!
19. a leaf with a tag “Fall in love with Jesus! DeColores!
18. Some butterfly stickers or drawings… with a tag “Fly with Christ!”
17. a tag that says “It is more important to know the heart of the Gospel than to know the Gospel by heart. The Gospel in one word is Love. God so loved you that he gave his only Son that you would not perish but have eternal life.”
16. a plastic bag with some cotton balls in it with a tag “Sheep Seeds: Herd Starter – Plant seeds in warm spot right side up. Sheep will grow upside down if planted wrong. Be patient, it takes a long time to start your own herd. For best results baa softly while watering. “Know the Lord is God, it is He who made us and we are His, we are His people, the sheep of His pasture.” Psalms 100:3″
15. a rock with a tag – “Lead me to the rock that is higher than I” Psalms 61:2 “The Lord is my rock” Psalms 18:2
14. a napkin, tissue…with a tag “Jesus wept” John 11:35
13. a bar of soap with a tag “Create in me a clean heart, O God.” Psalms 51:10
12. a tea bag with a tag “God’s special-tea is Love”
11. a paper cut out of a leaf with a tag “You did not choose me, no I chose you; and I commissioned you to go out and to bear fruit, fruit that will last;” John 15:16
10. a disposable razor with a tag “Jesus will walk with you through the “Hairiest” situations…”He will never leave you or forsake you.” ” Duet. 31:6
9. a picture or a sticker of a hand or foot with a tag – One Body with Many Parts. “The human body has many parts, but the many parts make up one whole body. So it is with the body of Christ.” 1 Corinthians 12:12
8. a candle (a real candle, a plastic one, a drawing of a candle, or a sticker of a candle…) with a tag “Go Light the World”
7. handkerchief (or a bandanna or a square of material or a tissue…) with a tag “”Don’t regret the healing tears, even Jesus wept””
6. an envelope with a few seeds with a tag “”Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant””
5. a stone in a sandwich bag with a tag “”Carry this pocket stone to remind you of Jesus’ blood shed for you”
4. a Band-aid with a tag “Jesus Heals”
3. a cross with a tag “My commandment is this: That you love one another as I have loved you” John 15:12
2. a tag ” “Then said Jesus unto his disciples, if any man would come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.” Matthew 16:24 Jesus wants you to pick up your cross and go change the world!!”
1. handkerchief (or a bandanna or a square of material or a tissue…) with a tag “”Revelation 21:4 “”God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.”” “”